How to Handle an Out-Of-State Accident

No matter when or where you are, getting in an accident is devastating. Would you know what to do if you were in an accident while road tripping across the country? Does your insurance cover you if you are hit or hit another car in another state?

If you are in an accident in another state you are required to comply with all the insurance requirements of that state. Car insurance companies are experienced in these situations so there is no need to worry.

The most important factor regarding out-of-state accidents is your liability minimum. If your liability minimum is 10/20/10 at home for bodily injury property damage and is 25/50/25 in the state you get in an accident in, you take on that state’s minimum requirements. This is not a permanent change.

Car insurance is required by law in each state so no matter what state you are in you will be covered. Before embarking on your next road trip, you may want to check the insurance requirements and regulations of the states you will be traveling through, so that you don’t come up with any surprises.

Warrior Insurance and Services Group is available around the clock to help you with all of your auto insurance needs. Contact us today to get started!


Tags: , , , , ,